“Call on owl when you've undertaken a new and challenging course of study and want to increase your confidence in your ability to learn this new material."
- I am sitting at my desk on a working-from-home kind of day, sipping tea, writing to you, and basking in the spirit of the holidays. Today that means I am giving myself the gifts of time and space – for reflection, for growth, for personal healing, and for the creative inspirations that inevitably come every time I give myself time and space.
- I appreciate the natural ebb and flow of these things. The periods of intense activity, of peace and quiet, of music, of beauty, of creativity and annihilation, of joy, of absolute solitude, of grace. There is a rhythm to it all that, when I pay attention, I can sometimes assimilate. And that’s when the magic starts to happen – all kinds of synchronicities that surprise and delight me. Recently those synchronicities have been coming in the form of hawks.
- About a year ago the repeating sign was owls. I can remember very clearly the first one I noticed – it was early November and I was in Lily Dale, New York, taking an intensive mediumship course with Janet Nohavec of The Journey Within over back-to-back weekends. During the week between classes, I had a meeting with Elaine Thomas, the founding pastor of Fellowships of the Spirit (where I attended seminary).
- During my time with Elaine, I received confirmation of my next steps as well as important choices ahead of me that I would do well to consider carefully. Later, on a whim, I took a different path than usual for my evening walk, and found myself in very close proximity to a screech owl. I startled upon noticing her, although I was sure she had been watching me for some time. I stayed absolutely still in her presence for several minutes, as dusk fell.
- Almost exactly one year later, I completed an advanced mediumship tutorial with Elaine. Matching bookends, with 51 weeks between them, and a theme symbolized by an owl. I am eager to find out what’s next, and I promise to keep you posted.